More about the product
The two brothers Anders Högberg (1921-1997) and Sven-Erik Högberg (1924-1996) founded the studio Högbergs in 1952 in Gothenburg. Anders Högberg studied at Konstfack, the Academy of Fine Arts, from 1947-1948, and Sven-Erik Högberg was educated at the arts and crafts school Slöjdföreningens skola in Gothenburg 1945-1947. The studio’s signature designs are chunky, heavy chains made with expert craftsmanship, as well as pieces that balance between organic and architectural. The two silversmiths Cecilia and Karl Ingemar Johansson began their careers at Högbergs where they worked until 1969. Högbergs is represented in several museums, among them Nationalmuseum in Stockholm, and the studio remained active until 1982.